Thursday, January 7, 2010

Modesty Is Important to Me

Okay, so I have to blog again because of the one response I got about modesty from Greg. My feeling of being modest and looking sexy is not drawing the line of seeing how short I can make my skirt before it's not modest anymore I make sure I'm still modest and that my skirt or dress hits the knee and that the sleeves are long enough to cover my shoulders as well. As I mentioned before I'm a Latter Day Saint AND I'm preparing to go on a mission. With that being said thats why I say you can look "sexy" quote on quote and still be modest and not be showing anything you shouldn't.

18 comments:

  1. So I like totally have a question for you... You keep saying you are a latter day saint. Is that like Maria in the Catholic Church. I know the Catholics like worship baby Jesus. I like never got that though... why as a baby he isn't like a baby any more. That like totally reminds me of that one movie with Will Ferrel and that weird gay looking blond guy.

    My other question for you is what kind of mission are you going on? Is it like a shopping mission. Are you like going to the outlets? I like totally love the ones out by Barstow. They are like the freaking best. I love the Victoria's Secret store there they always have the hottest undies. I you really want to find a hot guy buy some thongs at Victoria's Secret. Trust me you will have the guys running to you. And what is totally awesome about that all you have to do is like wear a light colored dress and a dark colored thong and you can be totally modest or like covered up and it will still drive the guys wild. Guys love it when they can see what kind of underwear you have on... It drives them wild!!!

    I really like your blog. Its so interesting to hear your point of view about guys and fashion. You must be quit the guy getter!!! You should share some of your secrets... It would be nice to find a guy that's interested in more than what's in my shirt or under my thong.

    Please tell me what this whole saint thing is it sounds kinda weird but maybe its cool ; )

    Peace & Love

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacy, I just wanted to let you know that that's not what I meant. Edward never tells Bella that she's sexy because he's not looking at her like that! He just wants to protect her like Charlie (her dad) does. But! Jacob is the gross one. Remember in the tent, hes thinking all these nasty things and Edward gets really upset because they are about Bella. But whatever, you are free to your opinion as a person of the earth.
    Thank You,
    Orchid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Celinda,
    I to want boys, I mean men to like me for who I am as a person. Not for what I am wearing on a daily bases.

    Funny story is that my friend Samantha invited me to a jacuzzi/birthday party for her 20th next weekend. I love swiming, but I know there will be boys there and it made me think, "What bathing suit should I wear"? At first I thought. Oh I should wear my roxy bikni that I got at the mall last year - it has poka dots. But now, I think that I would feel better if I didn't go and show my body like that, especially in front of men and women I don't know. Any who, I was wondering what a 'MODEST" swimsuit would be and I got this thing on google search engine called the burkini? http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/06_02/Burkini230607MOS_468x810.jpg
    I have never seen one like it before and to be 10000% honest it scares me a little. Is this what is really modest? the girl is smiling so she seems happy in the burkini but I'm not sure if that is just for the picture. Please help me! I wasn't sure if that was what you were talking about. I mean the bathing suit should cover my shoulders right? I know surfers wear bodysuits. Those look REALLY REALLY modest hahah. maybe i should get one of those for me. I asked my mom about it but she was watching a show on bravo called Tabitha's Salon Takeover. Its crazy, I would recommend you to watch it. SHe is soooooo mean to the other people, but everyone always ends up happy. O.K. well get back to me soon - I need to know whats up gurl.

    O.k. good night Celinda!

    Orc to the CHID

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Orchid, when it comes to bathing suits it doesn't have to complete cover you. As long as it's a one piece swimsuit it's fine. Here's an example of what I mean:http://www.hapari.com/modest-tankinis/

    Usually all it has to do is cover the stomach to be modest. We usually don't wear bikini's or any suits that are revealing. These bathing suits just show are legs and arms you know? Anyway, you don't have to be completely covered like the burkini, although it's kind of cute. :) Anyways, I hope that helps you somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Celinda for clearing that up. You are really good for advice. I looked at the prices on the website and they are kinda expensive, but I;m sure maybeWalmart has something kinda like those suits on the website you gave me. I love to shop to. Today my dad took me out for pie and we talked about safely dating other boys - you know since I am 19 after all and he doesnt want me to have a baby before I'm married! but I don't know how that would happen hahahahah! it was sooo weird talking about that but I know its because he loves me and wants me to be happy in life and stuff. That was like the highlight of my day. Life has been really hard lately - do you ever have those days? Like all I wanted was a hug from my dad, and he gave me pie and stuff. Sometimes I get kinda sorta depressed, but I read Twilight or listen to Taylor Swift and stuff and they brigthens me up so fast! I dunno. All my friends lately have been really really lame and this guy I thought was my boyfriend is being weird. I'm not sure why hes not hanging out with me anymore. I mean he still texts me all the time but we dont see eachother all the time anymore. He use to take me to 7-11 and we would get slurpees and lotto scratchers. It was like our dream to win the lottery and buy a Mustang convert-able (not sure if I spelled that right?)But, then he didnt called me last week and Ive been so sad ever since. Its like why do I even bother. I'm sorry for being a bummer. I just didnt have anyone else to talk to. about it.

    also I had another question, why did you want to make a blog about modest alcohol? I read what that Stacy girl said and at first I was like, why did she say those thingS? Thats mean!!!! but then my dad saw your blog when I was telling him about it today and he was like ORCHID!!!! what is a confession of a shop alcohoic? ???? and i told him about the movie but I dont think he saw it. he thinks it says alcoholic like someone who drinks beer. I like it because she shops all the time and I wish I was like her. I wanted to dye my hair red after I saw the movie but its hard to make black hair red. (Ive been told).
    good night Celinda! have a nice weekend!!!!!
    <3 Orchid

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Orchid its me Stacy sowwy I was so mean to you at first :) I didn't realized how much awesome potential you had. Sometimes it is so hard to find the perfect bathing suit. Like a lot of times my g-strings ride up a little too far if you know what I mean and that can get super annoying :( Anyway I totally found like the most awesome one piece bathing suit that you can get.

    http://thesuperficial.com/2010/01/bfm_enlarged/enlarged-ashley_greenes_body_paint_biki.php?bfm_index=4&bfm_page=0

    It's so hot!!! I mean how awesome is Ashley!!! I LOVE TWILIGHT TOO!!!! I WISH HER AND JACOB WOULD GET TOGETHER AND HAVE A BABY! THE BIRTH OF THEIR CHILD WOULD PROBABLY BRING ABOUT WORLD PEACE.... OR AT LEAST PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST!!! Any way im not sure where they sell a one piece like this but check it out its like super hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Stacy, basically the full name of the church I go to is The Church of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. We believe in Our,Savior Jesus Christ and that through the prophet of our church President Thomas S.Monson, that he receives revelation from God to guide us and direct us in the right path. With that being said the website you posted on here is actually not "Mormons". We have a lot of people who try to copy the organization of our church, however they are not affiliated with us. One thing I can give you is a website that will explain the beliefs I have and the beliefs of our church better then I can. That website is: http://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/
    This is place where not only can you know more about what I believe in but also a place where you can ask questions about the church. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stacy, also to answer to your question about why my blog is confessions of a shopaholic. I really like to shop, in fact it's slightly addicting for me. Something I need to not be so addicted to, :) So that's why my blog is titled what it is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Orchid, you know some days I feel like that to. There are just days when all you need is some time with the ones you love and sometimes all you need is a hug. I understand how you feel though about feeling like depressed especially when a guy your pretty sure you were dating is ignoring you. I've been there before. However, like you said reading like Twilight or listening to like Taylor Swift makes you feel better. That's how it is with me. If I have a bad day, if I just listen to the music I like,then I feel like ten times better. Sometimes I sing along to the music and that like releases all the pain I've been feeling that day, even if the song's only like five minutes, for that five minutes there's hope in the world for me, and I know everything's going to be okay. Anyways, I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way Stacy, the mission I'm going on is a mission for my church. I'll be going for a year and half. What I do while I'm on my mission is teach other people about the beliefs of my church and then they choose if they want to hear more about the church. If they go through all the lessons/discussions then they can choose whether not they would like to join the church, get baptized.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omg I totally get it now Celinda... Mybad :/ I get what you meant... I think you misspelled the word in your blog url because it says alcoholic instead of aholic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow the mission sounds pretty awesome! That's really cool! How does you church feel about girls who maybe a little confused with there sexuality, I'm bi (bisexual) and most religions like really frown upon that : /

    ReplyDelete
  13. We welcome anybody into our church. The great thing about our church is it helps you to realize who you really are not just as a person but also spiritually. We are always willing to help people who are confused about there sexuality, find that they are a child of God with endless potential. Everyone struggles with trials in there life but one thing that's really great about the church is that we help each other through our trials and that through prayer and scripture study we can come to find we are daughters and sons of God who love us and we love Him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That actually sounds really cool... It would be nice to have a little fulfillment in my life... I think sometimes sex can fill the voids in my life but as soon as the guy or girl leaves my bed i feel alone again ;( You probably never feel this way. Thats when its easy to turn to the drugs. My life has kinda like been sucky/super hard but hopefully your churches teacings could help it change : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's what's amazing about the church Stacy, it CAN change your life for the better. I noticed you mentioned that sometimes you turn to the drugs to make yourself feel better. It's true I haven't done drugs or anything however I have had something similar that has been addictive in my life. I have 3 months of sobriety though and that makes all the difference. :) We have in my a church a group that's called the Addiction Recovery Program, we have meetings I believe, all around the world. What is great about this program is that we welcome all who may be going through an addiction. There is a website that says were all our different meetings are at: http://www.providentliving.org/content/list/0,11664,4177-1,00.html
    My addiction when I first went started out small , or at least I thought so but I was in denial. It's a twelve step program(like AA) but where they say(God of your choice) we put Our, Heavenly Father and Our,Savior Jesus Christ. Through working through these twelve steps we can overcome our addictions and our trials in a way we never thought we could. It's an amazing program that truly teaches you who you really are, that it's okay if you made a mistake, that Our, Heavenly Father and Our ,Savior Jesus Christ love you and to just take it one day at a time. The thing is God still loves us even we make a mistake, that's why we have repentance. We have the opportunity to pray to Our, Heavenly Father each day and to thank him for our blessings and to ask for help during our trials and to let Him know when we have a good day. That's the great thing about prayer, we can always pray. Sorry this was a really long response but I hope this helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG i joined like 5 churches, but kinda dropped out because i got in trouble 1 too many times XD heheheh sometimes women can just be so superficial though... they judge too easily :T which makes my life alot harder T.T i mean yeah! i totally did some stuff im not proud of, with alot of people im not in love with or that i dont really know, sometimes, its just this fun party, everyones having a good times, and yeah :P anyway, justsharing a piece of my life wit'ch Yall ;D heheheheh lol <3 love ya! shine like a star EVERYDAY ^^ *****

    ReplyDelete
  17. Come on Celinda, give the people what they want!!!!

    Can we please we some more fashion advice... or at least some advice on like how to deal with guys in a less slutty way..... I can like be pretty slutty sometimes. It's not my fault my Mom made me a whore (but I'm trying to change that).


    What's New ???!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's up?!?

    No more entries???

    I was really liking your blog it was fresh and it's nice to hear different point of view.

    Can I have some fashion tips for the rain???

    Thanks for I church invites but I just don't think I'm like ready to settle down yet... I'm still a little too wild.

    ReplyDelete